Patients admitted in General Ward of KMC have to deposit bed charges in advance at the rates approved by KMC management. This entitles them for doctors consultations, certain basic investigations, life saving medicines and surgical items, diet, linen, I.V. fluids etc.
For allotment in Private Wards, or Cabins after recommendation by the treating doctor, patient should contact the Medical Superintendent Office. A waiting list is maintained and the private room is allotted as per the waiting list. The hospitalization charges of private rooms can be enquired at the counter. Available facilities are :
- Delux cabin room
- Single cabin room
- Double cabin room
- Paying wards in sharing basis
- All in-patients receive treatment by team of Resident Doctors and Nurses , available round the clock, under the supervision and guidance of Faculty Members of KMC.
- Hospital Attendants are available in different wards to help in patient care and related activities.
- All the wards are fully equipped with modern gadgets and equipments e.g. ventilators, monitors, defibrillators, nebulisers; central O2 & suction supply etc. to provide top quality medical care.
- Indoor services have central air conditioning, hot and cold water, toilets, portable X-ray machines, ECG services, Generator back up, emergency lights, internal telephone, chairs for attendants etc.
- Waste disposal is done as per the established rules and utmost care is taken to keep the premises neat and clean.
- Every inpatient is provided with two attendant passes.
- Visitors are allowed only during notified visiting hours i.e. 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Special Investigations like USG , CT , etc. are changed as per the rates approved by KMC management and revised from time to time.
- On recommendation of treating doctor and HOD, the hospital charges may be waived off by CEO for very poor patients. Costly drugs/surgical items may not be provided by the hospital.
- No financial assistance is available
- Facilities provided in cabin ward - Each room has - attached toilets & bath room, sofas, bed for attendant, chairs and table, emergency light, etc.
- Short Admissions requiring stay for less than 24 hours are also done for minor illness/some investigations/Interventions.
- Day care facility is available for certain types of operations. e.g. laproscopic surgery; day care blood transfusion,endoscopies and similar interventions Pediatric Day Care Center is also available for oral rechydralin therapy and nebulization therapy.
- Operation Theatres: The institute has fully equipped modern Operation Theatres, where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed using the latest techniques and technology.
- For routine surgeries, the respective departments maintain waiting list. Patients are called and operated upon as per the waiting list. But, in case of emergencies/ urgencies, the out of turn surgeries are also performed, at the discretion at the treating doctors.
- The patient should get his Pre-Anaesthetic check up done in PAC Room on 5 th floor OPD Block during afternoon before getting admitted for operation and follow the instructions given by the treating Doctors.
- ICU/CCU: The hospital has fully equipped Main ICU/CCU at 4th floor.
- There are ICUs/HDUs in few wards of main hospital and CTVS ICU & NS ICU in CN Centre. Patients requiring urgent ICU care are admitted to ICUs at the discretion of treating doctors.
Emergency Lab - 24 hours, throughout the year, for all emergency investigations.
- Routine Lab - Sample Collection Timings:-
- Weeks Days - 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Only Emergency
- All type of routine and special investigations incl. Biochemical, microbiological, pathology, immunology and genetic studies are done at KMC in case of unavailability of such specialized investigation sample are sent to higher center in abroad.
A blood bank has been established in KMC premises and flood collection Camps are being held regularly.
Ambulance facility is available to transfer patients to other hospitals or meet any exigency/disaster situation.