Kathmandu Medical College
has two spacious libraries- one for Basic Sciences and the other for Clinical Sciences. They have adequate number of books as well as many general, scientific and medical journals. Multiple copies of text books, Internet/E-mail connection and photocopying facility make it easier for the students and staff to retrieve the information that they want. The libraries also have self learning areas with videos and CD-ROMs for computer based learning. Additionally, each department has a smaller departmental library.
Library Rules and Regulation
Library Card (Reader Ticket)
- Every person in entering the library shall sign the register at the gate , thereby denoting his/her acceptance of the rules and regulations.
- Each user has to show his personal documents to library staff while taking them in and out the library.
- Any user carrying unauthorized documents can be presumed to be stealing library property. Thus his/her name will be published on all the KMC/KMCTH notice boards.
- Library staff is fully authorized to search the library user if s/he suspects that they are carrying unauthorized documents from library.
- No one is allowed to borrow any document without a library card.
- Eating food of any kind is not permitted inside the library.
All the faculty, students and staff of KMC and KMCTH are entitled to become library members. Prospective users are requested to bring auto size photographs to make their individual library card.
Overdue ( late fine ) shall be levied to all the users at the following rates.
If the books are not returned even after the month , membership of the library will be canceled. The defaulter will have to pay double the price of the book not returned. Furthermore the defaulter's name will be displayed on all the KMC and KMCTH noticeboards.
All the library users are requested to ask the library staff to read the detailed library rules and regulations available at the library counter.